- State-of-the-art high voltage Dielectric Frequency Response (DFR) instrument tailored for field testing of power transformers, bushings and many other test objects.
- Instrument and accessories designed for the most demanding field conditions.
- 2 kV peak and 50 mA capacity – ideal for low capacitance objects such as bushings and instrument transformers.
- Best hardware and specifications for most accurate results.
- Easy to use software with assessment guidance by standards and 25+ years of field experience with DFR technology.
IDAX 322 is a high voltage insulation diagnostic instrument based on DFR (Dielectric Frequency Response), also known as FDS (Frequency Domain Spectroscopy). DFR is a measurement technique in which capacitance and losses (dissipation factor/tan delta or power factor) is measured over multiple frequencies to assess insulation condition in test objects such as power transformers, bushings and instrument transformers. DFR technology is an established test procedure in laboratories that in an innovative effort by Megger has been adapted for field use in the IDAX range of instruments.
In these types of test objects, issues are most often not visible at conditions at which it is easy to perform diagnostic tests (typically at ambient temperature and line frequency) but rather develop at higher temperatures or closer to the operational limits of the objects. The basis for DFR measurements, the tan delta or power factor value, is primarily a function of insulation system geometry, aging byproducts, moisture, possible liquid insulation conductivity, frequency, and temperature. Using knowledge of this relationship, assessment can be made in the frequency domain rather than in the much more difficult to handle temperature domain.